Sunday, August 18, 2013

Dennis Clark of Listen Up Kid - Local Kingston Musician

Kingston is over flowing with incredibly talented artists and musicians.  Thus being said I think that I will start to create some sort of photoblog of local Kingston Talent or maybe it should go a little further then just the internet, maybe Kingston needs something more, something more tangible, a small printed magazine maybe.

There are many individuals in town who have their own music/arts review blogs and sites but there seems to be nothing in town that is tangible, in the sense that you can pick up a magazine and just read it.   The internet is excellent for delivering material to anyone, but there is just something about a simple magazine and an actual printed photograph that you just don't get with "retina" screens.  Although fantastic for viewing on, and the quality of photographs and font is out of this world, it's still lacking of something that is real.

Maybe I'm wrong, I mean I am very, very new to the local music scene and band photography but I just haven't seen anything in Kingston that is solely published to spotlight the local talent that Kingston has.  If I am wrong then please send me an email, or phone me up.  If I'm right then maybe as a collective group of local music review sites/blogs and event photographers need to come together and change this.  I know all local bands have a following, but being a music lover and living in the Kingston area for the last 13 years, the local talent, unless they make it big don't seem to get enough exposure.  Lets change this.

Enough of the banter, here are some photos I took of one of those extremely talented local musicians, Dennis Clark.  He performed a set that should have been a complete band, but he didn't.  His act consisted of himself, guitar, keyboard, tambourin, harmonica and a set of pedals for looping to create his own layers.  All I have to say is Fantastic, can't wait to see him play again.  And his album, smooth and enticing, get it, support local talent. https://myspace.com/dcdisaster  and http://listenupkid.bandcamp.com

Enjoy the photos, Cheers!













1 comment:

  1. It's really too bad that Dennis Clark is an emotionally abusive and sociopathic junkie. He'd rather do drugs than anything else.

    ReplyDelete